Friday, May 13, 2005

Lady Chatterley's Lover - Chapter 1

In which we meet Lady Constance Chatterley and come to understand how she came to be Lady Chatterley, wife of Clifford Chatterley, a couple whose life is altered forever by the second major event of their young marriage: the loss of Clifford's feeling and movement from the waist down.

Click HERE to listen to Chapter 1 of "Lady Chatterley's Lover".

00:30:00
14MB

NB: Humble thanks to Simon Toon for his Beta test help in making this site work smoothly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard the first chapter of Lady Chatterly's Lover and I loved it. I tried to read the book once and thought it was boring, so this surprised me.
Thank you!

Fedde Spoel
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Faux Press said...

Delighted to learn that you revisited this amazing book and found it now to your liking. Thank you for taking the time to say.

Markus Sandy said...

My wife Alcia and I listened to your beautiful and expressive rendering of this classic tonight as part of a delightful Saturday evening meal.

We had just had a very special day (we are moving to a lovely new home) and I wanted to put on something appropriate (i.e., also special).

I had just found this site in the last day or two and had been meaning to spend some time listening and wondered how Alicia and I might find time to listen together.

A quiet dinner, listening to your wonderful voice, was just the perfect cap for the day. Like our own personal dinner theatre, with you, Jan. Thanks so much.

Faux Press said...

Thank you. Thank you. Can't imagine a nicer way for this project to be used: in celebration of a new beginning.

Hugh McGuire said...

great idea, great reading, when's the rest coming?? ... I've an idea for another wrinkle to your project, I hope to have it up and running soon. I'll let you know!

Best,
Hugh.
dosemagazine